Monday, November 12, 2012

Movie review - Aragami [2003][JP]

Hey peeps.

welcome to todays blog regarding a Japanese Movie.

Aragami.





Heres IMDb's take on the movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362417/


before watching please take this mentality with you to truely enjoy the movie.

"So I'm basically a huge fan of Samurai anime and manga. In order to truely enjoy this movie you have to have an understanding about the samurai.

The samurai for the best part are noble honor bound fighters. Although trivial in the modern world of today in the past knowing ones name was an honor in itself, especialyl that of your opponent or enemy. As far as I know its considered an insult not to tell your opponent your name especially he he/she declares his first."


1) Characters.
Okay so the characters are a little strange as is the movie. As the movie unfolds we learn quite a lot aboutthe two main characters and see them go through a lot of different emotions throughout the movie.


2) Plot.
The plot is a simple one, A god of war is unhappy with his existance [you'll learn why in the movie] and seeks fulfillment but has been unlocky thus far. Our master samurai friend is quite normal in a personality sense. However as the movie evolves so does his point of view.


3) My Personal thoughts.
So I dunno I felt the movie couldve been better or at least a little more in depth. I cant go into great detail without spoiling the movie so I'll say this. Watch it, and you'll probably feel the same way i do. I felt a little uneasy as I wanted to see more. However I love japanese movies so I dont really mind.


This gets a

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment