Friday, November 2, 2012

Anime - Bleach - Review




hello one and all.

Ok so at the moment I'm on episode 320 of Bleach. In the last few days I've marathoned from 118 or something to 320.

In short it has been some of the most well spent free time but at the same time it wasnt.

What I mean is I have a great love for Samurai Anime and Manga. I simply love it.

However, my love for this genre of anime can wait for another day.

I'm going to get right into it and give you my own personal review.






**Strong Points**

1) - Characters.

--> Bleach is host to some of the most unique, funny, silly, sexy and invigorating characters I've seen. Ichigo although the protagonist and Main character is not my favorite. For whatever reason Im quite drawn to soem of the female Characters. Such as Matsumoto, Neliel (The espada) and the other attractive female characters that litter the story. I personally find them to be very full of life and are not afraid to express themselves.

Where as I find Rukia to be a little off putting and I dont mean in the looks department. I simply don't like the character but hey each to there own.

Anyway, my thoughts aside. This anime has a great balance of characters each as impressive as the next and I'm sure you'll connect to some of the characters just like I did.


2) - Strong Storyline Arcs

--> Bleach has some of the most amazing storyline Arcs I've seen, well at least from my perspective. I've found in some Manga and Anime you could predict the outcome. In Bleach at least so far It has some nice twists and turns. Although like most Anime's the Main character will come out on top 9 times out of 10. In bleach msot of the time it comes at a price. I wont say which part but Ichigo attains incredible power. There isnt a Shinigami, espada anyone that could beat him [bear in mind ive only seen upto 320 so far], yet the power he needed to achieve his goals came at a grave price.

The price then springs another storyline arc.

From a writers perspective you'll enjoy bleach immensely, though you'll probably get annoyed, well I did anyway. I found there was too much chit chat amidst battle. That however is me.


3) - One of my all time favorite Samurai Anime's.

--> My love for samurai Anime's I discovered by total accident actually. I always had a tendency for Supernatural and romance anime. However, one day I found myself looking through my Harddrive as it was full to the brim. I realized that a lot of my anime collection was in fact Samurai based. So I went on a marathon for a good month of grinding Samurai Anime and realized that I could connect, understand and compare what each and every writer and artist portrays the samurai as.


4) - Very Creative.

--> Bleach is incredibly creative. I havnt looked into it really but I've often wondered throughout the watching of the anime how much time and effort was put in coming up with the place names, the skill names. The names of the different stages at which the fighters evolve. Everything is amazing in that respect. In fact is motivating, although I had my certain staples with some parts of the anime I found it over all at least so far to be a creative masterpiece.






**Weak Points**

1) - Too much pointless filler.

--> this for me was my number one 'piss me off' subject with regards to Bleach. In fact it drove me nuts. The amount of completely pointless filler in this anime is insulting. I know a few people enjoyed it and a lot of you probably have. For me, I dont really mind filler as long as it ties into the plot somehow. What got on my tits was the fact it went from a nerve racking battle with everyone scatter, unconcious, wounded and even in different realms to them all on the beach doing one thing or another. That annoyed me. Perhaps they did shit liek this as a cash cow, I don't know but whatever.


2) - New Storyline Arcs thrown in here there and everywhere.

--> As the title suggests I found that they fucked around in this department again probably for the sake of more money. At one stage it was following the main storyline and just as it got to its peak, they threw in a new storyline, no filler in between mind you. Yet good and all as the short storyline arc was it had nothing to do with the main storyline. In my opinion if they had thrown it in at an appropriate time then it wouldve made the anime simply awesomesauce!

However they didnt. So im warning you all, watch out for this. It's a real pain in the ass. At least I thought so.


3) - Spanish references in 'Anime'.

--> Now I'm not racist or anything liek that I just don't like Spanish/Portugese as a language, no Idea why. When they started  using spanish references to describe certain abilities and evolution states it sorta irritated me. If i wanted to watch spanish animation then i would but I dont. Some people probably thought it was a good idea and even a little creative. I however personally didnt like it. each to there own in that respect.


4) - Lack of Romance in some Reall/Strong form.

--> when I say real or strong I dont mean hentai or anything like that. I also understand that the characters are quite young which is understandable. Matsumoto I liked very much so and her Zanpakuto 'Heineko' I liked the seductive charms they possessed. In a sense romance wise it was a typical action styled anime. Too much brawn and too little romance. I think if they added more of this into the anime it wouldve really topped it off. That being said im only on episode 320 as ive stated above so something could branch out. (Which I doubt.)




**My thoughts all in all**

--> So all in all so far im enjoyed Bleach. The storyline arcs minus the filler are enthralling and inspirational. The characters are fascinating and enjoyable as well as utterly annoying and maddening. The filler might drive you a little mad as its totally silly and off topic in every regard, so if you like that type of thing you'll enjoy the filler. I tend to prefer my anime straightforward and right to the point.

So if you enjoy silly filler accompanied by amazing storyline arcs thrown in everywhere, amazing creativity displayed throughout the anime from start to finish.

I recommend bleach to you. At first i found it difficult to watch, I stuck with it and it caught my attention. I took a break and watched other anime only to come back to it again and marathon the anime.

So far I give it a

7.5/10.





I will do up another post when I finish the anime.

--> In that post i'll give another review, spoiler free of course and give it another raiting after I watched the last of the episodes.


Thanks for reading.

Abraxus.

No comments:

Post a Comment