Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Call of Duty Series becoming more and more unplayable by the year.

This was a Post I made at:
http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200543030#

In relation to 'how bad' the CoD series is getting by the year.

heres my post.



"
hello everyone.

So before I get into the post id like to say that I've been playing the CoD series right back to the first game that was released. When CoD2 was released in 2005 in my opinion the series was in it's Golden Days, though some will disagree.

CoD2 was the series high point in my opinion.

No perks, no kill streaks, no death streaks, no attachments. In otherwords no crap no BS. When you played a lot, you got good, when you were good, you owned.

I can also say that I was a speed sniper [scoped], i was one of the first people to use the 'Jumping Head shot' trick over walls and boxes and cars and stuff, I know I was because I played everyday for hours at a time, yes I was addicted, could you blame me. . . .

CoD3 was released and was more or less a flop, when CoD4 aka MW1 was released this was indeed a good game, you had to work for the Killstreaks. Though it seen the introduction of Attachments, Perks, Kill Streaks etc etc. Though it wasnt over bearing.

However after this point the game in my opinion starts to decline.

MW2 was released, its brother MW3 also didnt help the franchise. Why? you may ask.

1 simple thing - Hosting. "It worked good for console's so lets bring it over to PC" is what the probably said. I played MW2 ALOT and to the point where I got quite good but again the Host system didnt work. No 2 PC's are alike unlike Consoles of course.

Black Ops 1 which was released after MW2 seen the re introduction of Dedicated Servers, this was nice as a matter of fact but again it seen the introduction of More Crap, aka what I said above. So the game was basically, you get spawn camped Via Kill Streaks, nades, you know the drill.

In fact its down right maddening.

It's one thing If I was playing bad due to my own faults and lack of skill but this wasnt the case.

Lately I've gone back playing MW3  as a mate bought it and wanted comapny. I have lost count the amount of times I had the drop on a guy, and he all of a sudden goes form standing straight to prone in literally a flash.

Now not even a full year after MW3 they release ANOTHER game.

maybe some one can tell me what there trying to accomplish other then creating Cash Cows and not creating a game for the Gamers.


Ive been a Console Game since I was 6 years old, and started gaming on PC's when i was 15. Some games I prefer on Console and other games such as most FPS's I prefer on PC, personal preference and all that.



Now that my little rant is over, ill end it on this.

MW2,BO,MW3 have so much potential but have been wasted. especially MW2 and MW3.


Your thoughts?"





Your thoughts?

1 comment: