Monday, November 5, 2012

Japanese - Methods of learning the language

Hello everyone. Now im a big fan of japan, always have been and I even plan on moving there next year.

So I got thinking and decided to share how exactly I learn japanese and where I learn it.

So if like me the amount of money you can spend is limited than heres my ways of learning Japanese.





**1**
 Free Japanese Lessons.com 

I discovered this site when I first got interested in moving to japan and learning the language.
You have access as a free member user to some of the information on the site. For a one time cheap Fee you become a lifetime Premium user with access to everything on the site as well as other usefull stuff.

Such as:

- Live Instructor Chat
-Question and Comments [ more or lessa section to handle any question you may have.]
-Learn about Japanese Culture.


The Highly, highly recommend this site, it has everything you need to learn Japanese.



**2**

Self Teaching Guides [Books]
The above book I purchased in Easons, Im Irish myself and living in the West of Ireland.

Now again you cant beat a good bit of old fashioned studying from a book. Now granted it cost me like €20 or something like that but truthfully it was well spent. The book is crammed with information, exercises and much much more.

So all in all a bit of old fashioned studying is highly recommended.



 **3**

Youtube.

Now you might not think it but youtube is the place to be if you find yourself unable to lerarn japanese from a website or book. There are a hell of a lot of people on youtube teaching Japanese in easy to follow well layed out lessons. I'm going to list whom had the most influence on me.


Gimmeaflakeman or Victor

 Personally this guy is amazing. The amount of effort he puts in to doing up his videos as well as the content is actually inspirational. he has really really helped me a lot with Japanese.


There are a hell of a lot more people on youtube doing the exact same thing. best of all, this is free and wont cost you a dime.


**4**

Subtitle Tutor

Now this method I'm not taking credit for. The credit goes to a guy by the name of Ken Kanon who does Japanese lessons on youtube.

Ken Cannon

This method is most usefull when you gain a reasonable knowledge of Japanese.

Its simple, pick an anime you like or even a drama, though i'd recommend the anime. Watch ithe episode through a few times with the subtitales on, then turn them off. It'll help you gain a fluency and help your understanding of Japanese.

Again credits go to Ken, go check him out.

Heres his website too:

japanese through anime



**5**

Rosetta Stone - Japanese

Now I'm sure everyone has heard of this program. Now I got this off of a friend so thank fully i didnt have to pay for it . So heres my thoughts on it.

I found this useful myself after I spent some time studying from books and from some of the methods I listed above. As you can change how it is displayed. You can display it in Romaji, Hiragana, Katakana or Kanji I think. It's been sometime since I actually used to the program.

This program in short is most useful for exercises rather than to learn from.




Well so far thats it from me. If I find anymore awesome ways to learn Japanese, you can be sure ill blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment